08 February 2010

MISSION: Snowpocalypse 2010.

Hello, All!

Secret Agent L here. For those of you living in the Mid-Atlantic, you know what I'm talking about. Snow, snow, and more snow. Mother Nature has made it rather difficult for me and my Affiliated Agents to get around and complete some missions, and it doesn't look like it's going to let up, as weather reports indicate another--yes, another--snow storm will be arriving starting Tuesday morning. Needless to say, I haven't left Command Central since Friday. But I did get an email from an Affiliated Agent who informed me that he's got something planned and is going to try to get out there soon, regardless of the weather. That's what I like to hear!

Late Friday night, I decided to go out into the beginning of the storm to take some pictures. There's something so peaceful about snow. It was nearly midnight, and I couldn't help myself from just standing in the middle of the street and breathing it all in. There were people out walking, enjoying it just as I was. And we all said hello to each other, which made me feel that much more connected to the people in my neighborhood. This snowstorm has bonded us. I love it.

For your viewing pleasure, I present to you some photos from outside Command Central:

two neighbors enjoying a snowy, late-night walk


a secret agent hand, catching snowflakes


secret agent toes, snuggled and warm


secret agent snow angel


secret agent love note...just for you

Please check on your neighbors, families, and friends to make sure they have food, power, and heat. Secret Agent Boyfriend actually went without power for more than a day, and still others in the Pittsburgh area might be without power until Wednesday. I ask that you please extend any kindness you can to those around you during this time. Grab an extra shovel, share some of your sidewalk salt. Even saying hello and talking to those you see walking down the street, to show that you're in it with them, is an act of kindness.

Stay warm, everyone. And, most importantly, stay safe. We're in for more!

xoxo,
S.A.L.

1 comment:

Bunny Queen said...

I am in MN and while we are hardly getting the snow that you are, we did get about 10" in the last 24 hours. As I was cleaning the 4"+ that fell during the day off of my car at the park & ride last night, I decided to take an extra few minutes and clean the cars off on either side of me. There were only about 10 cars left in the lot, I was on the next to the last bus, and I knew that whomever owned those cars was going to be getting in late. I hope they were pleasantly surprised to find that they did not need to brush snow and scrape ice when they got to the park & ride. I did find it interesting that as much as I often grumble about having to clean my own car, I practically giggled with joy to clean off some stranger's car. :)