27 October 2010

MISSION: Merry Matrimony

I'm heading to a wedding out of town next weekend, so I thought it'd be perfect to post Affiliated Agent V's mission in the spirit of my upcoming trip.  Even though I'm not married or engaged, I've known enough brides and brides-to-be to know that wedding planning can be a pretty stressful time!  Affiliated Agent V of Indiana came up with a really thoughtful way to help a bride-to-be de-stress herself and keep things in perspective as she prepares for the big day!

Date: Sunday, 26 September 2010

Location: Jo Ann Fabrics; Greenwood, Indiana

Time: 2:30 p.m.

Affiliated Agent V tells us about her first mission:

I completed my first "mission" this weekend. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I was going to do and what type of person I wanted to target. In between getting ready for my bridal shower, checking my bridal checklist, and paying wedding vendors, I realized that so much of my free time right now is taken up with wedding plans. Then I realized that a large portion of the stress in my life right now is also because of the wedding planning, so I thought "Why not do something special for a fellow bride?" That's when it all came to me... I went to Target and got a $5 gift card, because who doesn't like Target? Then I decided that I would pass on a book that was given to me, "Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul". Once I gathered everything I needed, I set to writing a little note to go with my gift and figuring out a place to leave it.




After my little RAK was ready, I thought long and hard about where to leave it. I realized the perfect place to put it was the bridal aisle at my local JoAnn Fabrics. Originally I planned to put it behind a box of invitations, but as I scoped out the aisle, there was a couple looking at invitations and programs. Since it didn't look like they were going to leave anytime soon I decided to be sneaky and place the book at the other end of the aisle while they were looking the other direction. I found the perfect place on a shelf just under the main display area, next to flower girl baskets and ring bearer pillow.




I hope it brought a smile, a laugh, or even just a little bit of stress relief for a bride like me.

Affiliated Agent V, I LOVE this mission!  Your thoughtfulness is so beautiful, and your words are so kind.  I'm sure that the woman who found this smiled for the rest of the day!  Thank you!

2 comments:

Operation Smiley Face said...

WOW this was beautiful! This is one of those missions where I wish we could see the outcome! I can just imagine the joy and happiness on the face of the person that discovered your gift. Keep up the great work. From the looks of this mission I bet you have a lot more great ideas to work with. Look forward to reading about them. :)

Mandy said...

I love this!! I am so thrilled to see all the positive energy and kindness being put out into the world. And in such creative ways too!