04 October 2010

MISSION: Ready for Kindness in Radiology

One of the things I've noticed about some of the missions that have been completed by my Affiliated Agents is that the more personal they are, the stronger they seem to affect people--recipients, AAs, and followers of the project alike.  It is because of these personal missions that I am encouraged to be even braver in my own missions. 

Affiliated Agent C took a very personal situation and used it to reach out in kindness to someone else.  Her bravery and awareness of others is inspiring. 

Date: Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Location: West Penn Hospital; Radiology Department Ladies' Dressing Room; Pittsburgh, PA

Time: 10:15 a.m.

On Tuesday I headed to West Penn Hospital to have some tests done.


Knowing firsthand how stressful diagnostic testing can be I thought this would be the perfect place to do a mission.  I needed to be there for 3 hours so tucked in my tote bag with a good book and some snacks was my first mission.  I was so excited!



After registering I went to the women’s dressing room to change into the very lovely hospital gown.  The dressing room has two small rooms each with a curtain. The gowns are kept in a bench/seat in each dressing room so I closed my curtain, pulled my gown out, and placed my card inside for the next person who would be changing in there.


I wanted to get a picture of the dressing room but there were two other ladies waiting to change.  So I quickly went out to the waiting room to wait for my test.

I hope whoever found it smiled and a little bit of the stress went away.  I know it made me feel good to spread some kindness. 

Affiliated Agent C, I'm sure your act of kindness helped.  Diagnostic testing is never fun.  It's filled with so much worry and stress.  I bet the woman who found your gift felt like she'd received a hug, too.  Thank you for reaching out!

1 comment:

carrieb said...

I didn't have to be hormonally-charged from pregnancy to cry over this one. What a beautiful act of kindness!

Having gone in for some scary tests myself, I can only imagine how much of a welcome surprise that was!

O:)