02 November 2010

MISSION: On a Mission with Mr. Rogers

I have a special place in my heart for Mr. Rogers.  Why?  Well, there are two reasons.  The first is that he's from Pittsburgh.  {Holla!}  I know, right?!  So much awesomeness comes from Pittsburgh.  The second reason is because I hugged the television one day when he was on, and I pulled it right down on top of me.  My mother insists that it was my brother to whom this happened, but I remember it vividly.  I was so fond of Mr. Rogers.  So much so that I wanted to hug him right out of the TV set.

Mr. Rogers has another fan.  Affiliated Agent HM of Sterling, Virginia, to be precise.  And he went along with her on her most recent mission.  What a wonderful companion to have!

Date: Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Location: Cascades Public Library; Sterling, Virginia

Time: 1:45 p.m.

This was my second real mission and I have to say that I was considerably less nervous this time around.  When I saw this book, I thought that it would be perfect for a mission.  It's just a little something to make someone smile and remind them that they are special.  We all need that every once in a while.  


I decided that the library would be the perfect place for the drop, so after lunch my daughter and I set out to (hopefully) brighten someone's day and pick up a few books while we were at it.  


It was pretty busy when we got there, so it took a minute to find a place to leave the package where there wouldn't be any witnesses


The teen section was mostly abandoned, so I decided to stealthily (but not really) leave the card and min-book at a table in that section.  


I hope it brightened someone's day, because really, we're never too old for words of wisdom from Mr. Rogers.

Affiliated Agent HM, you are so right.  We are never too old for the words of wisdom (and love and kindness) from our dear friend, Mr. Rogers.  I'm sure he's smiling down on you from heaven.

No comments: