14 November 2010

MISSION: Secret Agent L Strikes Again

It's been what seems like forever since I've completed a mission.  I've been so busy keeping up with the administrative side of this project--answering emails, posting missions completed by my amazing Affiliated Agents, etc.--as well as trying to keep up with my day job, that I haven't really been able to make the time to go be Secret Agent L! 

But yesterday was World Kindness Day, and I was determined not to let the day go by without participating in an act of kindness...secret agent-style, of course.

Date: Saturday, 13 November 2010

Location: Hillman Library benches; University of Pittsburgh; Pittsburgh, PA

Time: 4:18 p.m.

My mission was simple: gather up some little gifts and leave them for someone to find on World Kindness Day.  Those little gifts included:

A pre-stamped thank-you post card, ready for the finder to use to say thanks to someone in his or her life...




...and a pad of kindness Post-Its {because we always need them, right?}, a Be Kind No Exceptions magnet, and a $5 Starbucks gift card.





I jotted down a little note for the finder, so that he or she would understand why I left my gifts and what they were.


I packaged it all together with a pretty bow...


...headed on over to the Oakland neighborhood, where the University of Pittsburgh and its library are...


...found a bench outside, and placed my little gesture of kindness on it for someone to find.




*high five*


Happy World Kindness Day, everyone.  But shouldn't every day be filled with kindness?

2 comments:

Affiliated Agent B said...

Totally awesome L!! You're an inspiration to us all!

Operation Smiley Face said...

YES! Everyday should be filled with kindness, and it will be one day. Right now it starts with us. Each one of us doing something every day that is kind. Every kind act creates a ripple. I want to make as many as I can. :)
Oh and GREAT mission! I love love love the way you tied the gift. That made it look so special. Great job Laura.