01 November 2010

NEW MISSION: Young Women Working for Kindness

I'm always so happy when I get emails from people who want to become Affiliated Agents.  I'm especially happy when I hear that our young people want to get involved. It's never too early to start learning about, teaching, and engaging in kindness.

When Affiliated Agent H of Charlotte, North Carolina, informed me that she wanted to get the young women of her youth group involved, I knew they'd do an excellent job!  And when I got their mission specifics, I was right!  They outdid themselves!

Date: Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Location: South Park Mall; Charlotte, North Carolina

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Affiliated Agent H tells us about her and her girls' first mission!

For our weekly church youth group activity, our girls (ages 12-18) of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints took on making someone smile at the South Park Mall.  We placed things on car windshields, on the train table and on the shelf at the local bookstore, in the bathrooms and at drinking fountains.  We hid packs of gum in soda dispensers and left treats behind on the comfy chairs.  Our favorite drop spot was in the  basket of a pizza delivery bike.

















We all had a great night completing our missions here in Charlotte, North Carolina and can't wait to do it again.  Thanks for letting us in on the fun!!

Affiliated Agent H (and team!), I am SO thrilled with your mission!  THANK YOU for extending your hearts to those around you.  I cannot, cannot wait to see what you do next!  Keep those missions coming! 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Way to go girls!! Always so wonderful to see our young people spreading joy and kindness!!! <3