02 July 2010

MISSION: Snail Mail Kit


I love when I get emails from Affiliated Agents in other cities and states stating that they've completed a mission. It never fails--ever--to bring a huge smile to my face to see what other people are doing in the world to forward acts of kindness. Affiliated Agent M from Maryland is no exception!

Date: Friday, 18 June 2010

Time: approximately 11:30 a.m.


Location: Post Office, Linthicum Heights, Maryland

Gift: Snail Mail Kit

Affiliated Agent M tells us about her mission:

So I wanted to do something for a mission that was related to something that I love so I decided to do something with (snail) mail. I created a small starter package (which technically cost me nothing but the cost of the stamps because I used things from my own stash) for writing snail mail.

I included a letter which explained this and the contents included postcards, a pen, envelopes, a note card, some stationery, and some seals.

The way that this was kept anonymous is that I went to my PO Box, and selected the neighbor to my right, wrote their address on an envelope (without a return address) and plopped it in the mail box outside the post office.


It felt really good to know that someone is going to open their PO Box and find something from a stranger.



RAOK YOU MAKE MY DAY!

And Affiliated Agent M of Maryland, you make ours!

1 comment:

James said...

Such a cool starter kit and a great way to help a neighbor. Way to go Agent M!