30 August 2010

MISSION: Gettin' Your Read On.

It's no secret that I love to read. If I could put into words how much I love curling up with a good book, a cup of tea (decaf, please), while wearing comfy pants and a t-shirt, they would probably sound something like this:

"OHILOVEYOUBOOKANDTEAANDCOMFYCLOTHES!"


Plus, having a Master's degree in English Literature kinda explains it, too. Just don't tell my professors and graduate director that my favorite books are British chic lit. (Oh,
Sophie Kinsella, let's be BFFs!) Somehow I doubt they'll think that's intellectually stimulating enough.

So when I got today's mission from Affiliated Agent J in Bonney Lake in Washington State, my heart did a little swooning. He really had the right idea! Hooray for books!


Date: Thursday, 26 August 2010

Location: various locations; Bellevue, Washington

Time: agent did not specif
y

Let's hear about Affiliated Agent J's first mission:

So today I completed my first mission while I was up in Bellevue, WA. I love to read and often stop by Barnes & Nobles Bookseller to browse the aisles. I decided this would be a great opportunity to share my passion with others.


So before I left I purchased 5 x $5 gift cards. I set the first one up with a note from myself and the SAL business card.

I then went to the Bellevue Square mall and drove through the parking garage until I saw a car with a child's sippy cup left on the roof. A perfect target for a RAK.

I pulled in beside the car and looked around waiting until there were no people nearby. I have to admit I was kind of nervous placing this first gift. I jumped out of my car, stuck the package under the the windshield wiper, snapped a pic on my iPhone, and jumped back in my car. As I drove away I noticed my heart was racing and a smile was on my face. "What would be the recipient's reaction when they found the gift on their windshield?" was just one of the thought racing through my mind.

After running some errands I went back to Barnes & Nobles to complete another RAK mission.

This time I went into the store and decided to drop a package between some books on a shelf. This worked out wonderfully.

Yes, Affiliated Agent J, it did. It most certainly did. *high five*

5 comments:

Sandy said...

LOVE THIS!! Being an avid reader myself (and a lover of tea and comfy clothing), this mission completely caught my attention. I think I'd be so overjoyed to get a B&N giftcard. Definitely an amazing mission AAJ! Keep up the great work. :)

David Vanbiesbrouck said...

This is wonderful! Who doesn't love tea and reading btw? Such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Love this mission! I just love reading a great book, and to find a RAK that was a gift card to a book store would be AWESOME! =)

James said...

Such a great idea! Barnes and Noble giftcards are always my favorite gift, there's nothing like walking through a huge book store to put a smile on my face.

Vanyvalu said...

Awwww, i really loved this one!
I´m always trying to find more books to read and this seemed just as perfect....
Beautiful :)
There´s a movement called Free Book but in spanish and it works this way:
You choose one of your books to give, or buy one to give as well and put it in some bench or car or anywhere you choose so someone finds it and keeps it and you put a note inside saying- This is a free book, for you to read and if you like you can do the same with this or with another book so we can make a chain of free books-
Isn´t great?