15 September 2010

MISSION: Boxes o' Fun!

I love when my Affiliated Agents get creative with their missions. When they make their gifts, embellish their notes and cards, it adds a certain personal touch that I'm sure the recipient would appreciate. Affiliated Agent SP from southeast Oklahoma put her creative talents to use and brings us this special mission.

Date: Saturday, 14 August 2010


Location: Wal-Mart, southeastern Oklahoma

Time: time not specified by agent


Hello Laura, AKA Secret Agent L. Today was my first mission - I felt totally like a kid again which is pretty exciting when you are 59 years young.


I created my little boxes from card stock and filled them with a potpourri sachet of roses, a shell and a penny.

I wrapped it with ribbon and raffia and put a little paper under it with the saying:


A Shell for Travel, Envision the Ocean. A Penny for Luck, May it Double Each Day. A Scent of Rose forever Enchanting, Found Treasures to Brighten Your Day.

Then I put my tag on it that says "this is for you" and set it in place with your card.

I took two parcels with me to Wal-Mart today and placed one at the blood pressure seat. The other I planted in a woman's stall. Almost forgot to leave your card with it as the door opened and another person came in. Snapped a fuzzy pic and hightailed out out. Later I saw this lady with her elderly mother and a daughter leaving the store, and she had the gift in her hand holding it like a delicate bird. It really put a smile on my face! I wonder if she put two and two together as we smiled at each other as we passed in the restroom.

I am grateful for the bright light feelings this little mission has given me.

And we're grateful for your act of kindness (and special creative talents!), Affiliated Agent SP! Way to go!

2 comments:

Operation Smiley Face said...

Great job A.A. SP! I'm a big fan of handmade gifts, as are most people I would imagine. There is just something extra special about a gift when it was done with someone's two hands. I love the way you wrapped the finised piece. That in itself is a gift. Oh and by the way, I will have to "borrow" that idea of place a gift at the blood pressure machine. Keep up the great missions.

L.

Jessica (aka Faeanne) said...

I love it and I know the one's who found them did too! The homemade touches are great and I love the card you created for it!