29 September 2010

MISSION: Lighting a Candle for Kindness in Lima

I've never been further south than Florida.  I love warm weather, yes, but I don't have a lot of money, so I can't travel to those warm places as often as I'd like to.  One of my colleagues focuses on academic scholarship related to Latin America, and it always sounds so interesting.  I was captivated when I received the following mission from one of my Latin American Affiliated Agents.  Did you know that it's winter in August in Peru?  

Date: Saturday, 14 August 2010

Location: district of San Isidro; Lima, Peru

Time: 5:12 p.m.

Affiliated Agent C tells us about her first mission:

What could be nicer than lighting a candle on a winter evening?  Yes, we're in winter, the sun is on and off but is almost grey everyday.
 
I left a little one with a short note, asking to light the candle and enjoy the evening, knowing that "the person" is someone special.



One hour later it was still there and by the time I sent you the report, maybe 3 hours later, it was taken. I hope is enlightening someone's night.

I completed another mission today at the supermarket, I need to check if it worked as well. No pictures this time though.
 
Have a great Sunday and a bright new week.
 
You're inspiring so many people that I'm sure we can create day by day a better world.

Thank YOU, Affiliated Agent C, for helping to make this a better world!

No comments: